ORGANIZATION: Accion Microfinance Bank Ltd
POSITION TITLE: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
REPORTS TO: Managing Director / CEO
LOCATION: Head Office, Lagos Nigeria.
• Financial Controls and Reporting
• Financial Management
• Tax Management
• Investment Management
• Oversees the company’s overall finance function.
• Develops/supervises the development of strong and effective business strategies and plans.
• Prepares the Company’s annual budget and communicates approved performance targets to all stakeholders.
• Advises the CEO on major financial decisions and ensures the proper execution of/compliance with the Company’s laid down financial policies, guidelines and processes.
• Periodically assess the Company’s financial management needs and current capabilities; determines proactively gaps and develops plans to bridge/meet financial needs.
• Develops effective financial systems to facilitate management decision-making.
• Oversees budgeting, budgetary review, financial controls, reporting and other financial management processes.
• Organizes the finance function as may be required from time to time to ensure close alignment to business needs and changes in processes.
• Oversees the design and implementation of processes that provide business managers the necessary financial data to make decisions and monitor performance.
• Ensures the effective management of the Company’s financial resources.
• Ensures all periodic external reporting obligations are met on timely basis.
• Ensures the continued integrity of the Company’s cash, receivables, and payables management activities.
• Handles and in some cases will lead, major financial negotiations, review and advise on large contracts, strategic alliances and preferred vendor arrangements to ensure Company interests are adequately protected, and objectives achieved within budget provisions.
• Monitors Company’s operating performance and overall financial health using established corporate business performance metrics.
• Enforces financial discipline/guidelines and controls across the company, and especially amongst management.
• Ensure the development of strong finance capability (an ability to translate business decisions into numbers/financial metrics and to understand the implications for financial performance) across the Company.
• Provides leadership in the development of staff policies, training and performance measurement.
Qualifications and Experience
• First degree or its Equivalent, preferably in a numeric discipline e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or in a related field.
• A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline. An MBA or any other related professional qualification is required.
• Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations such as ICAN, CIBN, CFA, ACIB etc.
• A minimum of 15 - 20 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
• Minimum of 10 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
• Prior microfinance experience is desirable, particularly within a microfinance bank with international ties.
• Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
• Strong communication skills.
Competency/ Skill Requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market.
• Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
• Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
• Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
• Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
• Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CVs and cover letters to email@example.com on or before 30th May 2017 using REF: CFO 2017 as Subject of the mail.